Birts-Morton (St. Peter and St. Paul)
BIRTS-MORTON (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Upton-upon-Severn, Lower division of the hundred of Pershore, Upton and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5½ miles (E. S. E.) from Ledbury; containing 313 inhabitants. It comprises 1198a. 2r. 29p., of which 46 acres are common or waste; the surface is varied, and the scenery richly diversified. The manor-house is an ancient edifice, surrounded by a moat. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 8. 1½.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. S. Thackwell: the tithes have been commuted for £320. 10. 6., and there are 27 acres of glebe. The church is an ancient cruciform edifice, with a window of stained glass. A school was endowed with six acres of land, now let for £14 per annum, by the Rev. Samuel Juice in 1703.