Binsted (St. Mary)
BINSTED (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of West Hampnett, hundred of Avisford, rape of Arundel, W. division of Sussex, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Arundel; containing 111 inhabitants. It comprises 1086 acres, of which 424 are arable, 244 pasture, and 418 woodland; and is crossed by the road from Arundel to Bognor. The living is a vicarage, endowed with the great tithes, valued in the king's books at £5. 17. 8½., and in the patronage of the Dowager Countess of Newburgh: the tithes have been commuted for £175. The church is a small plain building.