BINDERTON, a parish, in the union of West Hampnett, hundred of Westbourn and Singleton, rape of Chichester, W. division of Sussex, 4 miles (N.) from Chichester; containing 75 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1345 acres of land, of which the soil is chalky, and the surface hilly. The living is endowed with a portion of the tithes, and is annexed to the living of West Dean and Singleton. The old church was taken down, and the present one erected a short distance from it about the year 1680, by Thomas Smyth, Esq.; it has not been consecrated, and is private property.