Bilsthorpe (St. Margaret)
BILSTHORPE (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Southwell, South-Clay division of the wapentake of Bassetlaw, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 5 miles (S.) from Ollerton; containing 244 inhabitants, and comprising 1420 acres. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 1. 8.; patron, the Earl of Scarborough: the tithes have been commuted for £372, and there are 75 acres of glebe. The church stands on an eminence above the village; the tower, which has two bells, appears to have been built in 1663.