Bilsby (Holy Trinity)
BILSBY (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, Wold division of the hundred of Calceworth, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, ¾ of a mile (E. by N.) from Alford; containing, with the hamlets of Asserby and Thurlby, 584 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 2800 acres, of which about 1000 are arable, and 1800 pasture and meadow. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £13. 3. 4.; patron, James Mason, Esq.; impropriators, the Trustees of Caistor grammar school: the vicarial tithes have been commuted for £150, and the glebe consists of 15 acres. The church, a very ancient edifice, has recently undergone great alterations and repairs, having been previously in a very dilapidated state. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; and a school has a small endowment of £5 per annum.