BILLINGFORD, a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 6 miles (N. N. E.) from East Dereham; containing 353 inhabitants. This parish is bounded on the south and west by the river Wensum, and comprises by computation 1800 acres, of which 1470 are arable, 320 pasture, and 10 woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 10., and in the patronage of the Rt. Hon. E. Ellice: the tithes have been commuted for £360, and there are 27 acres of glebe. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style, with an octangular tower; the font is of Norman character, and on the south side of the chancel is a piscina. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. At Beck Hall, in the parish, the birthplace of Chancellor Bacon, and the ancient seat of the Coke family, an hospital, with a chapel dedicated to St. Thomas a Becket, was founded in the beginning of the reign of Henry III.