Billingford (St. Leonard)
BILLINGFORD (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Depwade, hundred of Earsham, E. division of Norfolk, 1½ mile (E.) from Scole; containing 219 inhabitants. This parish, anciently called Pryleston, is intersected by the road from Bury to Yarmouth, and bounded on the south by the river Waveney, which separates it from Suffolk. It comprises 1037 acres, whereof 20 are common or waste. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Little Thorpe annexed, valued in the king's books at £9; net income, £264; patron, G. St. Vincent Wilson, Esq.: there are about 20 acres of glebe. The church consists of a nave and chancel, separated by the remains of a carved screen, and has a low square tower.