Bilborough (St. Martin)
BILBOROUGH (St. Martin), a parish, in the union of Basford, S. division of the wapentake of Broxtow, N. division of the county of Nottingham, 4 miles (W. N. W.) from Nottingham; containing 267 inhabitants. The hamlet of Broxtow, in the parish, was once a place of considerable importance, and gave name to the wapentake. There are some coal-works. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £3. 12. 6.; net income, £273; patron, T. Webb Edge, Esq.: land was assigned to the rector in 1808, in lieu of tithes. Some interesting remains exist of an ancient manor-house.