Bierton (St. James)
BIERTON (St. James), a parish, in the union and hundred of Aylesbury, county of Buckingham, 1½ mile (N. E. by E.) from Aylesbury; containing, with the hamlet of Broughton, 605 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, with the livings of Buckland, Quarrendon, and Stoke-Mandeville annexed, valued in the king's books at £20. 10.; net income, £272; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. A Sunday school on the national plan is endowed with £10 per annum. Mr. Hill, in 1723, gave property, directing the proceeds to be applied in clothing poor men, and in educating and apprenticing children.