BICKERTON, a township, in the parish of Bilton, W. division of Ainsty wapentake, W. riding of York; 3½ miles (E. N. E.) from Wetherby; containing 110 inhabitants. The place once belonged to Bryan Rocliffe, a baron of the exchequer. It is situated on the road from Wetherby to York, and comprises about 1080 acres. The river Nidd winds its very devious course at a short distance north of the village. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.