BICKERTON, a township, in the parish of Malpas, union of Nantwich, Higher division of the hundred of Broxton, S. division of the county of Chester, 4¾ miles (N. N. E.) from Malpas; containing 401 inhabitants. The township comprises 1755 acres, of which 600 are common or waste; the soil is light. A church has been built, in aid of which the Incorporated Society contributed £120; 222 of the sittings are free: the living is a perpetual curacy in the gift of the Rector, with a net income of £120. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £110. On the summit of a hill is an intrenchment called Maiden Castle.