BEWICK, NEW, a township, in the parish of Eglingham, union of Glendale, N. division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 9½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Alnwick; containing 121 inhabitants. It comprises about 1200 acres of arable land: the river Breamish and the great north road to Edinburgh form portions of the boundary line. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £140. 14., and the vicarial for £57. 15.