Belshford (St. Peter and St. Paul)
BELSHFORD (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Horncastle, N. division of the wapentake of Gartree, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 5 miles (N. E. by N.) from Horncastle; containing 554 inhabitants. It comprises about 2600 acres, of which the soil is various, and the surface very uneven; excellent limestone is found in the north-east portion of the parish. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £18. 6. 8., and in the gift of the Crown, with a net income of £425: the tithes were commuted for land in 1804. There are places of worship for Primitive and Wesleyan Methodists.