BELLERBY, a chapelry, in the parish of Spennithorn, union of Leyburn, wapentake of Hang-West, N. riding of York, 13 miles (N. N. W.) from Bedale; containing 350 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Richmond to Leyburn, and comprises 2917a. 2r. 28p. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £70; patron and impropriator, Mr. Chaytor: the tithes were commuted for land in 1770. The chapel is a small edifice. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.