Belaugh (St. Peter)
BELAUGH (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 1¾ mile (S. E.) from Coltishall; containing 161 inhabitants. It comprises 854a. 3r. 18p., of which 647 acres are arable, 182 pasture and meadow, and 21 water. The village is picturesquely situated on the summit and side of an abrupt acclivity, which rises within a semicircular curve of the river Bure. The living is a discharged rectory, with the vicarage of Scottow consolidated, valued in the king's books at £6; patron, the Bishop of Norwich. The tithes of the parish have been commuted for £222, and there are two acres of glebe, with a small house; a rent-charge of £12. 5. is also payable to the rector out of the parish of Hoveton, St. John. The church was repaired in 1831.