Beeston (St. Andrew)
BEESTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of St. Faith's, hundred of Taverham, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Norwich; containing 46 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 622 acres, of which 404 are arable, 137 pasture, and 81 woodland; and is intersected by the road from Norwich to North Walsham. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £3. 6. 8.; net income, £217; patron, F. R. Reynolds, Esq. There are some slight remains of the church, which was destroyed two or three centuries since. Beeston Old Hall, built in 1610, is a fine specimen of ancient domestic architecture.