Beesby-in-the Marsh (St. Andrew)
BEESBY-in-the-Marsh (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Louth, Wold division of the hundred of Calceworth, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 3¼ miles (N. by E.) from Alford; containing 157 inhabitants. It comprises 1169a. 2r. 20p., of which 627 acres are arable, 518 meadow and pasture, and 26 woodland and plantations: the surface is slightly varied, and the scenery of pleasing character; the soil is a silty clay. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 10. 2½., and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £212.17., and the glebe comprises 42 acres. The church was nearly rebuilt in 1840, at an expense of £300, chiefly by subscription, aided by a parochial rate.