Bedingham (St. Andrew)
BEDINGHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Loddon and Clavering, hundred of Loddon, E. division of Norfolk, 4¼ miles (N. W. by W.) from Bungay; containing 316 inhabitants. It comprises 1340 acres, of which 70 are common or waste. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5; patron and impropriator, J. W. Gooch, Esq.: the great tithes have been commuted for £280. 10., and the vicarial for £141. 3.; the glebe comprises about 11 acres. The church consists of a nave, chancel, and aisles, with a chapel at the east end of each aisle, and a circular tower the upper part of which is octagonal; the font is curiously sculptured, and in the chancel are some handsome monuments to the Stow family. Another church, dedicated to St. Mary, formerly stood in the churchyard; and the living consisted of medieties, which have long been united.