Beckingham (All Saints)
BECKINGHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Newark, wapentake of Loveden, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 5 miles (E.) from Newark; containing, with the hamlet of Sutton, 462 inhabitants. It is intersected by the road between Newark and Sleaford; the land is partly arable, and partly rich pasture. The living is a rectory, with the living of Stragglesthorpe annexed, valued in the king's books at £41. 6. 8.; net income, £697; patron, Thomas Marsland, Esq.: the tithes of the township were commuted for land and a money payment in 1769; the glebe consists of 400 acres. The church is partly Norman, and partly in the early English style; the tower, ornamented with pinnacles, is later English. There is a place of worship for Methodists.