Beckham, West (All Saints)
BECKHAM, WEST (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Erpingham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (E.) from Holt; containing 179 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 835 acres, of which 767 are arable, 18 pasture, and 50 common, now under inclosure, by an act obtained in 1840. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Norwich, the appropriators; net income, £82. The tithes have been commuted for £206, and the Dean and Chapter have also 13 acres of glebe. The church is chiefly in the early English style; the tower has been many years down.