Beaghall, or Beal
BEAGHALL, or Beal, a township, in the parish of Kellington, Lower division of the wapentake of Osgoldcross, W. riding of York, 4 miles (E.) from Ferry-Bridge; containing 568 inhabitants. This place is situated on the south side of the river Aire, and on the road from Ferry-Bridge to Snaith; and comprises by computation 1570 acres, including the farm of Kellingley. A bridge crosses the river at the village, and leads to Birkin. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £393, payable to Trinity College, Cambridge, and the vicarial for £101. 11. 3.; there is a glebe of 2¾ acres. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. A curious Roman swivel, which was four feet under ground, has been dug up here.