BEADNELL, a chapelry, in the parish of Bambrough, union of Belford, N. division of Bambrough ward and of Northumberland, 10½ miles (E. S. E.) from Belford; containing 323 inhabitants. The surface is rather level; and of the soil, which is generally good, two-thirds are arable, and the rest luxuriant pasture: coal is abundant, and there are quarries of excellent limestone. The village is pleasantly situated on the sea-shore, having a small harbour; several vessels are employed in conveying lobsters, cured herrings, and other fish to London, and lime is exported in large quantities to Scotland. Races were annually held until 1826, when they were removed to Belford. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Perpetual Curate of Bambrough, with a net income of £79: the tithes have been commuted for £40. 14. The church, built in 1792, is a neat stone structure with a spire, and contains 250 sittings. Here is a small castle, which formerly belonged to the family of Forster; and close to the sea are remains of a chapel, supposed to have been a cell to Coldingham monastery.