Bayford (St. Mary)
BAYFORD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union, hundred, and county of Hertford, 3 miles (S. S. W.) from Hertford; containing 357 inhabitants. It comprises by admeasurement 1612 acres of land; the soil is clay. The living is annexed to the rectory of Essendon: the tithes have been commuted for £282. The church is a neat brick edifice, built by subscription in 1804, and containing an ancient octangular font ornamented with quatrefoils and roses.