BAXTERLEY, a parish, in the union of Atherstone, Atherstone division of the hundred of Hemlingford, N. division of the county of Warwick, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Atherstone; containing 228 inhabitants. This parish lies in a sequestered part of the county; is three miles from the Kingsbury station on the Birmingham and Derby railway; and comprises 804 acres of fertile land, and 70 acres of common and wood. It stands high; the views are beautiful, and include the Barr-Beacon, Bromsgrove-Lickey, &c. The whole parish is the property of W. S. Dugdale, Esq. Limestone is found, but is not wrought. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £5, and in the alternate patronage of the Crown and Mr. Dugdale: the tithes have been commuted for £182, and the glebe consists of 46 acres, let for £94 per annum. The church is in the Norman style, having been built in the reign of William the Conqueror: the tower was rebuilt in 1607, by Hugo Glover, brother of Mrs. Lewis who was burnt at Coventry for her adherence to the Protestant faith, during the Popish persecution in the reign of Mary, and whose remains were interred in the church. A day and Sunday school was built by subscription in 1839.