Bawdeswell (All Saints)
BAWDESWELL (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Reepham; containing 582 inhabitants. The road from Norwich to Fakenham runs through the village. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7; net income, £208; patron, E. Lombe, Esq. The church is in the later English style, with a square brick tower built at the west end of the chancel in 1740. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. John Leeds, in 1730, bequeathed a house and 16 acres of land, now let for about £20 per annum, to provide instruction for 12 boys of Bawdeswell, and 8 of Foxley; and at the inclosure in 1808, two acres of land were allotted as gravel, and 35 acres for fuel to the poor.