Batsford (St. Mary)
BATSFORD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Shipston-on-Stour, Upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 2 miles (N. W.) from Moreton-in-the-Marsh; containing 79 inhabitants, and comprising 922a. 1r. 27p. The railroad from Stratford-on-Avon to Moreton terminates here. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 3. 9., and in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Christ-Church, Oxford: the tithes have been commuted for £255, and the glebe consists of 96 acres. The church was rebuilt in 1822, at the expense of Lord Redesdale, who has a handsome seat here, and whose relative, Lord Chancellor Freeman, was buried in the church in 1710.