Bathealton, or Badialton (St. Bartholomew)
BATHEALTON, or Badialton (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union of Wellington, hundred of Milverton, W. division of Somerset, 3 miles (S.) from Wiveliscombe; containing 135 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 860 acres, the soil of which is fertile, and in fine cultivation; stone of good quality for building is quarried to a considerable extent. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 2. 6., and in the patronage of the Rev. Edward Webber: the tithes have been commuted for £195, and the glebe comprises 45 acres, with a house. The church was erected in 1572. A mile westward is a circular intrenchment called Castles, within the area of which some Roman coins have been discovered.