Baston (St. John the Baptist)
BASTON (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Bourne, wapentake of Ness, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 3¼ miles (N. N. W.) from Market-Deeping; containing, with Thetford, 765 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 1. 3., with a net income of £231; it is in the patronage of the Crown, and the impropriation belongs to Brown's Hospital at Stamford. The tithes were commuted for an allotment of land, in the year 1801.