BASLOW, a chapelry, in the parish and union of Bakewell, hundred of High Peak, N. division of the county of Derby, 4 miles (N. E.) from Bakewell; containing 962 inhabitants. This place is situated on the river Derwent, and on the road from Bakewell to Chesterfield. The inhabitants are partly employed in the cotton manufacture, and there are some quarries of ordinary building-stone. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £115; patron, the Duke of Devonshire; impropriator, the Duke of Rutland: the tithes (those on wool and lamb excepted) were commuted for land in 1822. The chapel, which is chiefly in the later English style, has a tower and low spire at the western end of the north aisle. There are two places of worship for Wesleyans; and about half a mile from the village is Stanton-Ford school, endowed with about £15 per annum.