Baschurch (All Saints)
BASCHURCH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Ellesmere, hundred of Pimhill, N. division of Salop, 8 miles (N. W. by N.) from Shrewsbury; containing 1491 inhabitants. It is intersected by the Ellesmere canal; and comprises 8213a. 1r. 10p., exclusively of the chapelry of Little Ness, which by computation contains 1300 acres: red sandstone for building is quarried. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £10. 16., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £203; impropriators, certain Landowners in the parish: the glebe comprises 40 acres. At Little Ness is a chapel of ease. Vestiges of a Roman camp may be traced in the neighbourhood.