Barton-Westcott (St. Edward)
BARTON-WESTCOTT (St. Edward), a parish, in the union of Woodstock, hundred of Wootton, county of Oxford, 8 miles (N. by W.) from Woodstock; containing 290 inhabitants. It comprises 921a. 3r. 12p., chiefly arable land: good limestone, used for building, is obtained. The Dorn brook, a feeder of the Evenlode, flows through the parish; and the Heyford and Enstone turnpike-road passes through the village. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7; net income, £179; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Samuel Young Seagrave. The church is a small neat edifice, principally in the early English style. The Wesleyans have a place of worship, erected in 1832. The poor are entitled to fuel, from the rent of a piece of land which is occupied by them in spade husbandry.