Barton-Seagrave (St. Botolph)
BARTON-SEAGRAVE (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union of Kettering, hundred of Huxloe, N. division of the county of Northampton, 1¾ mile (S. E. by E.) from Kettering; containing 219 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road between Kettering and Higham-Ferrers, and comprises 1759 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 17. 1.; net income, £492, with a house; patron, the Duke of Buccleuch. The glebe consists of 60 acres. The church exhibits specimens of very ancient architecture. An infant school is supported by Lady Hood. John Bridges, an industrious collector of materials for the history of Northamptonshire, was a native of the parish.