Barton-Mills, Little Barton, or Barton Two-grind (St. Mary)
BARTON-MILLS, Little Barton, or Barton Two-grind (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Mildenhall, hundred of Lackford, W. division of Suffolk, 1 mile (S. E.) from Mildenhall; containing 640 inhabitants, and comprising by measurement 2000 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £14. 15. 10.; net income, £550; patron, the Crown. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1796. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists. The sum of about £13 per annum, the rental of fourteen acres of fen land, devised by the Rev. James Davies in 1692, is distributed amongst the poor.