Barton, Great, or Bramble (Holy Innocents)
BARTON, GREAT, or Bramble (Holy Innocents), a parish, in the union of Thingoe, hundred of Thedwastry, W. division of Suffolk, 2½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Bury; containing 774 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £10. 15. 7½., and in the patronage of Sir H. E. Bunbury, Bart., whose seat is here: the tithes, with certain exceptions, were commuted for land and a money payment in 1802. The produce of about 100 acres of land is applied to the purchase of fuel for the poor, and to parochial purposes.