BARTON-BLOUNT, a parish, in the union of Burton-upon-Trent, hundred of Appletree, S. division of the county of Derby, 11 miles (W.) from Derby; containing 68 inhabitants. The manor was held in 1296 by the de Bakepuze family, from whom the place acquired the name of Barton-Bakepuze; and after it had passed into the possession of their successors, the Blounts, it obtained its present affix. The families of Merry, Simpson, Curzon, and Bradshaw subsequently possessed the manor. The manor-house was garrisoned in October 1644, by Col. Gell, on behalf of the parliamentarians. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £4. 19. 1.; net income, £69; patron, F. Bradshaw, Esq.