Adstock (St. Cecilia)
ADSTOCK (St. Cecilia), a parish, in the union, hundred, and county of Buckingham, 3 miles (N. W.) from Winslow, on the road to the town of Buckingham; containing 419 inhabitants. This parish consists of 1128 acres of cultivated arable and pasture land, inclosed under an act of parliament passed in 1797, when an allotment was awarded to the incumbent in lieu of tithes. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 16. 3.; patron, the Bishop of Lincoln; net income £235, arising from 300 acres of land. In the time of the plague, in 1665, the contagion having extended to Buckingham and Winslow, a market was held at this place.