Adlestrop (St. Mary Magdalene)
ADLESTROP (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Stow-on the-Wold, Upper division of the hundred of Slaughter, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 3¾ miles (E. by N.) from Stow; containing 200 inhabitants. It is bounded on the southeast by the road from Stow to Chipping-Norton, and on the south-west by the river Evenlode; and is situated on the borders of Oxfordshire, not far distant from the southern extremity of the county of Warwick. The living is a rectory not in charge, annexed to that of Broadwell: the tithes were partially commuted for land, under an inclosure act, in 1775. The church, with the exception of the tower, was rebuilt in 1764.