Adforton, with Stanway, Payton, and Grange
ADFORTON, with Stanway, Payton, and Grange, a township, in the parish of Leintwardine, union of Knighton, hundred of Wigmore, county of Hereford, 8½ miles (W. S. W.) from Ludlow; containing 288 inhabitants, and comprising 1565 acres. The surface is boldly undulated, and the southern portion well wooded. On an eminence at the northern extremity are the remains of a Roman encampment called Brandon camp. The road from Leintwardine to Wigmore passes through the village of Adforton.