Addington, Little (St. Mary)
ADDINGTON, LITTLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of Huxloe, N. division of the county of Northampton, 3¼ miles (N.) from Higham-Ferrers; containing 299 inhabitants. The parish is bounded by the river Nene, and consists of 1104a. 3r. 29p. of a moderately productive soil. On the opposite side of the Nene runs a branch of the London and Birmingham railway, from Northampton to Peterborough, with a station at a convenient distance from this place. The living is a discharged vicarage, endowed with the great tithes, and valued in the king's books at £7. 12.; net income, £245; patron, G. Capron, Esq. The tithes of the parish were commuted for land and a money payment, under an inclosure act, passed in the year 1830.