Aylestone (St. Andrew)
AYLESTONE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Blaby, partly in the hundred of Guthlaxton, and partly in that of Sparkenhoe, S. division of the county of Leicester, 2½ miles (S. by W.) from Leicester; containing, with the township of Glen Parva and the chapelry of Lubbesthorpe, 757 inhabitants. It is situated on the road to Lutterworth, and contains about 2700 acres; the Duke of Rutland is lord of the manor. The Union canal passes through the parish, and soon after joins the river Soar. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £31. 8. 11½.; net income, £845; patron, the Duke of Rutland. The tithes were commuted for 350 acres of land, in 1767.