Addington, Great (All Saints)
ADDINGTON, GREAT (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of Huxloe, N. division of the county of Northampton, 4½ miles (S. W.) from Thrapston; containing 266 inhabitants. It is situated on the left bank of the navigable river Nene, and comprises 1233a. 3r. 31p.; the surface is pleasantly diversified with hill and dale, and the soil runs through many varieties. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 12. 8½.; net income, £315; patron and incumbent, the Rev. James Tyley. The tithes were commuted for 327 acres of land and a money payment, under an inclosure act, in 1803.