ATHERSTONE-upon-Stour, a parish, in the union of Stratford-upon-Avon, Kington division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 3 miles (S.) from Stratford; containing, with the village of Ailston, 93 inhabitants. The parish is nearly surrounded by the county of Gloucester; it consists of 1030 acres, and is intersected by the river Stour and the road from Stratford to Shipston. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 1. 8.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Thomas Cox, D.D. The tithes have been commuted for £253.