ATCHAM, a parish, and the head of a union, in the Wellington division of the hundred of South Bradford, N. division of Salop, 4 miles (S. E. by E.) from Shrewsbury; containing 513 inhabitants. The Roman Watling-street passes through the parish, and here crosses the Severn. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £11. 6. 8.; net income, £240; patron, R. Burton, Esq.; impropriators, Lord Berwick, R. Burton, Esq., and others. A school is supported by Mr. Burton; and divers sums are distributed annually among the necessitous, the principal of which is one of about £40, arising out of an estate devised by Elizabeth Jones, in 1733. The poor-law union of Atcham comprises 43 parishes and places.