Aswarby (St. Denis)
ASWARBY (St. Denis), a parish, in the union of Sleaford, wapentake of Aswardhurn, parts of Kesteven, county of Lincoln, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Folkingham; containing 119 inhabitants. It comprises about 1500 acres, and is situated on the road from London to Lincoln. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 4. 7., and in the gift of Sir T. Whichcote, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £327. 12., and there are 47 acres of glebe, and a good house. The church, a handsome building in the pointed style, was extensively repaired, and its chancel rebuilt, in 1840, at the expense of the patron and incumbent. There is a chalybeate spring. Aswarby Hall is a large mansion, situated in a well-wooded park.