Adderley (St. Peter)
ADDERLEY (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Drayton, Drayton division of the hundred of North Bradford, N. division of Salop, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Drayton; containing 404 inhabitants. It is situated on the Liverpool and Shrewsbury road, and the Chester and Ellesmere canal; and comprises 3750a. 1r. 23p., of which 962½ acres are arable, 2493½ pasture and meadow, and 294 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 6. 0½., and in the patronage of the Rev. H. C. Cotton, for the next turn; afterwards, of Richard Corbett, Esq., of Adderley Hall. The tithes have been commuted for £666. 16.; and there are about 19 acres of glebe, with a glebe-house, rebuilt in 1800. The parish has sundry donations for doles of bread to widows each Sunday, and for a distribution of money on St. Thomas's day; also an alternate turn with Muckleston, of money to place six poor boys at school, and two as apprentices.