Astwick (St. Guthlake)
ASTWICK (St. Guthlake), a parish, in the union and hundred of Biggleswade, county of Bedford, 3¾ miles (N. W. by N.) from Baldock; containing 84 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the road from Baldock to Biggleswade, a little to the north of that between Baldock and Shefford, and lies on the border of Hertfordshire. It is bounded by the river Ivel, which separates it from the parish of Stotfold; and comprises by measurement 640 acres of arable land: the soil is heavy, and the sub-soil clay. The living is a rectory, united in 1764 to the vicarage of Arlsey, and valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.