Aston-Sub-Edge (St. Andrew)
ASTON-SUB-EDGE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Evesham, Upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 1¼ mile (N. N. W.) from Chipping-Campden; containing 134 inhabitants. This parish comprises by measurement 850 acres. Norton-Burnt House, so called from the greater portion of it having been destroyed by fire while the seat of Sir William Knight, Bart., is the property of the Earl of Harrowby, who, with Lord and Lady Sandon, occasionally resides here. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 2. 3½.; net income, £204; patron, the Earl. An allotment of 100 acres of land has been given in lieu of tithes. The church is a plain, neat edifice, erected in 1795, on the site of the old structure.