Aston-Le-Walls (St. Leonard)
ASTON-LE-WALLS (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Banbury, hundred of Chipping-Warden, S. division of the county of Northampton, 8½ miles (N. N. E.) from Banbury; containing, with the hamlet of Appletree, 252 inhabitants. This parish, which is intersected in its north-eastern extremity by the road from Banbury to Daventry, comprises 1528 acres, of a highly productive soil; the substratum is rock, and stone is quarried for repairing the roads and for rough building. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 9. 7.; net income, £343; patrons, the President and Fellows of St. John's College, Oxford. The glebe comprises 140 acres. The church is an ancient structure in the early English style, with a low Norman tower. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.