Aston-Flamville (St. Peter)
ASTON-FLAMVILLE (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Hinckley, hundred of Sparkenhoe, S. division of the county of Leicester, 2 miles (E. S. E.) from Hinckley; containing, with the chapelry of Burbage, 1909 inhabitants. This parish comprises 4097 acres, of which 3057 are in Burbage; the portion of arable is computed to be 1450 acres, of woodland 149 acres, and the rest is pasture. It is chiefly the property of Sir E. C. Hartopp, Bart., who is lord of the manor. The place is famous for its cheese. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £33. 12. 8½.; net income, £878; patron, Earl de Grey. The tithes of Burbage have been commuted for a rent-charge of £677; the tithe at Aston is about £31. 18., and is a modus. The glebe consists of about 120 acres. The church is very ancient.—See Burbage.