Aston-Clinton (St. Michael)
ASTON-CLINTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union and hundred of Aylesbury, county of Buckingham, 2¾ miles (W. by N.) from Tring, on the London road; containing, with the hamlet of St. Leonard, 1025 inhabitants, of whom 847 are in the township of Aston-Clinton. The Grand Junction canal passes through the parish. The cottagers manufacture straw-plat and lace. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £23. 6. 10½.; net income, £506; patrons, the Principal and Fellows of Jesus' College, Oxford. The tithes, with the exception of those for woodland, were commuted for land and a money payment, in 1814. At St. Leonard's is an incumbency in the gift of Trustees. There is a place of worship for Baptists.